- Rock Wool
- Glass Wool
- Foam glass
- Rubber Foam
- Extruded Polystyrene
- Phenolic foam
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Brief introduction to phenolic foam
Phenolic foam insulation materials are often referred to as phenolic foam board. Phenolic foam is a kind of closed cell rigid foam plastics, which is made of phenolic resin, flame retardant, smoke suppressor, curing agent, foaming agent and other additives by scientific formula.
Phenolic foam plastics are rich in raw materials, low in price, simple in production and processing, and widely used. It is suitable for large cold storage, storage tank, ship, all kinds of insulation pipes and construction industry. If it is used in factories, mines and mechanical equipment with strict fire protection requirements, it can highlight its characteristics of flame-retardant, low smoke and high temperature resistance. Such as: heat preservation of ships, warships, trains and armored vehicles, as well as papermaking, chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, etc.
Advantages of phenolic foam
For many years, galvanized iron sheet has been used as insulation material for HVAC system. However, foams such as phenolic foam are more effective. There are two types of foam applications: foam in application and panel or plate form. When choosing this type of foam for HVAC system of home or office building, it is beneficial to understand its advantages different from conventional or traditional insulating materials. Both types of this foam have many advantages over the regular insulation products. The following are just some of the renowned advantages of phenolic foam.
1. Structural strength. The strength to density ratio and compressive strength of the foam are very high.
2. Thermal conductivity. The low thermal conductivity of the foam is also attributed to its tight cell structure and the presence of gas. Its thermal performance also allows the use of thinner panels without sacrificing low conductivity.
3. Water penetration. There are three reasons for the high moisture resistance of the foam:
The water absorption is very low, which only appears in the damaged part of the insulation.
Low persistence of water vapor, almost impossible to invade
Moreover, it does not absorb core. In the case of water intrusion, the water is easily limited at the entry point and will not endanger the whole system.
4. Chemical resistance. Phenolic foam is also inert and stable. Phenolic foam is widely used in food processing equipment because it does not contain fiber. High concentration of acid and alkali solution will cause discoloration and expansion of the insulating material surface.
5. Fire prevention. Their propagation quality is very low when they are on fire. Aluminum finishes usually increase their fire resistance. It also has low smoke emissions, low to no amount of toxic gas emissions and no dripping insulation in the pyrolysis process.